Prof. Peter HODGSON
Deakin University, Wuarn Ponds Victoria, Australia
Position: Australian Laureate Fellow and Director, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University (Australia).
At the METAL 2014 conference Prof. Peter Hodgson will deliver the invited lecture at the symposium B.
2008 - present: Director of Research, Institute for Technology Research and Innovation, Deakin University
2006 - 2008: Director, Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation, Deakin University
2005 - present: ARC Federation Fellow
1995 - 2004: Professor of Engineering, Deakin University
2001 - present: Associate Dean, Research, Deakin University
1999 - 2001: Head of School, Engineering and Technology Deakin University
1985 - 1995: BHP Research
Professor Hodgson's research includes steel processing and the development of new alloys, and downstream ferrous and non-ferrous manufacturing processes associated with the automotive industry. He currently holds several ARC Discovery and Linkage grants, all related to metal processing. In 2004 he was made an Alfred Deakin Professor of the University for outstanding contributions to research and awarded an ARC Federation Fellow by the Australian Research Council. The University of Valenciennes award made him an Honoris Doctoris Causa in 2005 for contributions to metal forming research, while in 2006 AGH in Poland awarded him an Honorary Medal for contributions to materials science.
In June 2009 Professor Hodgson was awarded an Australian Laureate Fellowship, for research related to sustainable metal production and transport systems.
He has over 600 research publications and has presented more than 40 keynote lectures at international conferences related to the physical metallurgy and modelling of steels.
- C. Roucoules, M. Pietrzyk, P.D. Hodgson, Analysis of Work Hardening and "Recrystallisation During the Hot Working of Steel using a Statistically Based Internal Variable Model." Materials Science and Engineering, 39 (2003) pp 1-9
- H. Beladi , G. L. Kelly , A. Shokouhi and P. D. Hodgson, "The Evolution of Ultrafine Ferrite Formation Through Dynamic Strain-Induced Transformation," Materials Science and Engineering A, 371 (2004), pp 343-352.
- A Oudin, M.R. Barnett, P.D. Hodgson: "Grain size effect on the warm deformation behaviour of a Ti-IF steel," Materials Science and Engineering A, 367 (2004), pp 282-294.
- H. Beladi, G.L.Kelly and P.D. Hodgson, "Microstructural evolution of ultrafine grained structure in plain carbon steels through single pass rolling," Material Science and Technology, 20 (2004), pp 1538-1544
- S. H. Zahiri, C.H.J. Davies and P D. Hodgson, "A mechanical approach to quantify dynamic recrystallisation in polycrystalline metals," Scripta Materialia 52 (2005), pp 299-304
- C.E. Wen, W. Xu, W.Y. Hu and P.D. Hodgson (2007) "Hydroxyapatite/titania sol-gel coatings on titanium-zirconium alloy for biomedical applications," Acta Biomaterialia, Vol 3, pp 403-410
- Y. Adachi, M. Wakita, H. Beladi and P.D. Hodgson (2007), "The formation of ultrafine ferrite through static transformation in low carbon steels," Acta Materialia, Vol 55, pp 4925-4934
- E.V. Pereloma, I.B. Timokhina, M.K. Miller and P.D. Hodgson (2007), "Three-dimensional Atom Probe Analysis of Solute Distribution in Thermomechanically processed TRIP steels," Acta Materialia, Vol 55, pp 2587-2598
- H. Beladi, G.L. Kelly and P.D. Hodgson (2007) "Ultrafine grained structure formation in Steels using Dynamic Strain Induced Transformation processing," International Materials Reviews, Vol 52, No. 1 pp 14-28
- I. Sabirov, Y. Estrin, M.R. Barnett, I. Timokhina, P.D. Hodgson, "Tensile deformation of an ultrafine-grained aluminium alloy: Micro shear banding and grain boundary sliding," Acta Materialia, In Press.